- Is there really a homeless problem in Harford County?
Yes. In 2021 the Harford Family House shelter served 43 families (52 adults and 75 children) and 12 single young adults, while the Welcome One Emergency Shelter served 162 individuals.
- How can families and individuals receive help from Harford Family House?
Harford Family House currently receives all service referrals from the Harford Community Action Agency who screens prospective families for eligibility.
- How long is your waiting list?
Harford Family House receives all of its referrals through the Harford Community Action Agency who manages the waiting list of families in need.
- How effective is HFH in transitioning families experiencing homelessness to permanent stable housing?
In FY 2021, 84% of the families and individuals who left the program obtained permanent stable housing. Through the services and programs provided, families were linked to the resources and skills they needed to return to self-sufficiency. They were given a “hand up,” not a “hand out.”
- If I give a donation, where does my money go?
100% of your donation will remain in Harford County to support the work of Harford Family House. We are a 501 (c)(3) organization and donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. A copy of our current financial statement is available by request – email@example.com.