Donations / Wish List
Our donation wish list often changes rapidly. Please call the HFH Office at 410-273-6700 or use the CONTACT US form for all donation inquiries and scheduling drop-offs.
Summer Office Hours (May 24th through Sept. 24th, 2021):
Monday through Thursday, 8am to 5pm and Friday, 8am to 2pm
Harford Family House provides a fully furnished apartment to each of our families. When the families graduate from our program, they are able to take many of the items with them, so we are always in need of household items. In addition, our families are able to access a supply closet for cleaning supplies, toiletries and other personal hygiene items.
All items must be NEW unless otherwise specified. Currently, we are in need of:
- Area rugs (new or gently used)
- Vacuum cleaners (new or gently used)
- Floor mops with a wringing feature (please no Dollar Tree items)*
- Large laundry baskets*
- Toothbrush holders*
- Kitchen dish drying racks (new)
- Indoor broom w/ dustpan
- Floor and table lamps (new or gently used)
- Twin sized sheets, comforters, or comforter/sheet sets (new)
- Twin sized blankets and/or throws (new)
- Food storage containers (new)
- Mixing Bowls
- Glass bakeware sets
- Laundry baskets and hampers
- Small bathroom trash cans
- Magic Erasers
- Air Fresheners (Renuzit or Febreeze)
- Body &/or hand lotion
- Facial moisturizers
- Bath towels, wash cloths, & bath rugs/mats
- Indoor brooms
- Potholders & oven mitts (new)
- Kitchen trash cans with lids
- Kitchen cutting boards (new or gently used)
- Can openers (new or gently used)
- Measuring Cups
(* bold text indicates high priority/greatly needed items)
You can also Check out our Amazon Wish List!
PLEASE visit our Contact Us page to schedule a drop-off time.
Interested in hosting a donation supply drive? Please call our office at 410-273-6700 or use our Contact Us form to discuss options. Our Supply Closet List gives you an idea of the kinds of things needed by the families we serve.
Items We Do Not Accept
- Clothing, shoes, outerwear, etc.
- Used bedding, towels, or other linens
- Used toys
- Trial or travel size items
- Expired products
- Used or opened products
- TV's, DVD's, or other electronics
- Pull-out or sectional sofas
- Recliner chairs
- Broken, dirty, torn, or stained items
- Knick-knacks, mirrors, or any home décor items
- Mugs, wine glasses, or any alcohol related items
- Recalled items
If you do not have any items readily available, we ask you to please consider a monetary contribution to our organization. While items off our wish list are vital to the comfort of our families, monetary gifts are essential to fulfilling our mission. Learn ways to give a monetary gift.
My HFH Story:
"When HFH took myself and my grandson in 7 months ago, I was very afraid and depressed... Seven months later, I have two jobs, my car payment is caught up, I am working on a budget, my grandson is thriving and..." [Read More]