Join us for Home Runs for the Homeless at Ripken Stadium on July 28, 2022.
Presented by Harford Mutual Insurance, Home Runs for the Homeless is a charity home run derby at Ripken Stadium to raise both funds and critical awareness for Harford County's families with children experiencing homelessness.
The derby will consist of teams of four batters competing to hit the most home runs!
WHEN | Tuesday, July 15, 2021
WHERE | Leidos Field at Ripken Stadium
Teams will be scheduled for a batting time when their registration form and payment is received by HFH. These are usually between 8 am and 6 pm.
- Each batter on the team of four will get 15 swings. Pops hitting the batting cage, foul balls and misses are worth “0” points.
- Batters will be scored on a scale of 10 points for a fair ball hit in the infield to 100 points for a home run. Homeruns are worth 100, fly balls hitting the track or wall in the air worth 50, fly balls landing first in the outfield (fair) worth 25, and balls landing first in the infield worth 10 (grounders, pop-ups, or line drives).
- The team with the highest point score will be awarded a prize or trophy and bragging rights. This year's trophies include:
- Officer's Cup
- Best Overall Team
- Georgia Peach (top female batter)
- The Cheaters Cup (top virtual team)
- All derby participants will receive a batter’s T-shirt, souvenir team photo and a great time!
The registration fee for a team of four batters is $1,000. To lock in your team for this year's event, please contact Heather Volk, Resource Development Manager, at HVolk@harfordfamilyhouse.org or 410-273-6700. Or fill out and send in your registration form: Team Registration Form
Yes! Corporate sponsorship of Home Runs for the Homeless contribute toward our overall fundraising goal of $50,000. All funds contributed stay local and help local families with children experiencing homelessness.
To participate as a virtual team, please visit our Virtual Team form 2020 and fill out your information. Email the form to Heather Volk at email@example.com. Heather will create the page for you and send you your personal fundraising link along with a fundraising guide to help you raise much-needed funds for Harford Family House.
The top fundraising Virtual Team will win an award!
"Batter Up! - Teams"